Friday, December 6, 2013

Personalized Stockings

Christmas is by far my favorite time of year for many things: time with family and friends, spreading good cheer for all to share.... :) , good food, baking (anyone who knows me knows this is a lie), lots of fires, hot cocoa, which may or may not be spiked with Baileys, and last but not least, holiday decorating!  I've been busy decorating our home for the holidays and will definitely share my decorating here on the blog.  I hope to have a tour ready by Monday to participate in various link ups that are being hosted.  Before that, I wanted to share some projects I've worked on this week.


I purchased new stockings this year (this came after my DIY sweater stocking FAIL that I tried last year and never shared here).  I went with the plain white Pottery Barn Velvet Stockings:


(if you are looking closely at the picture, you will notice white fluffy stuff all over our floor!  You'll see what that is from tomorrow when I posed another project.....)

Our previous stockings were purchased over time and were assorted colors and styles, and while I will use the boys stockings for their gifts, I've put those in their rooms and wanted to go with something simple over the fireplace.  I like to change decorating schemes each Christmas and white is easy to use.   But, when I hung them up on the mantel, I have to admit, it was a little boring.

That is where my clearance bin ribbon came in handy.  I bought a ton of varieties and have been using them all over our home this Christmas:


I chose two different sized ribbons that go with our "colors" this year and hot glued the ribbon into circles that fit around the stocking:



Than, I used our initials to affix the ribbon to the stocking:



I added a poinsettia for a little color:



Next year, when I change my mind again for colors, I can easily change out the ribbon to go along with the new theme.

Here is a peak of the stockings on our mantel:



Hopefully you will come back later next week to see more of our home for the holiday!

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Your stockings are so pretty, love the ribbon you've added on there - looks great!

    ReplyDelete